. .
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    I have been Emailing Fred to get a quote for the rails

I have my 1605 ball Screws from my original design and order but I see everyone seems to use the 1610 ball screws on a 1:1 pulley instead of the 2:1 Ratio but would it be okay to use the existing 1605's or is it worth buying the 1610's from Fred whilst I'm getting the rest shipped over.

I wasn't sure if I make any gains of Torque and speed this way?

I also have a pricing of the 2.2 Spindle and VFD I thought again just one shipping might be good but I haven't really heard of anyone having the spindle from Fred. I know the old adage of the finish the other things before they are needed but I am buying some of this to use in my business and trying to save a little from my Tax bill

any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Rob

If you are ordering anyway then I would get 1610's if it's being used mostly as a wood router because you'll want the extra speed they offer. Don't worry about torque because if you use correct size steppers with a decent amount of volts you'll have more than enough torque. If your just cutting aluminium with it then 1605 will be fine with a 1:1 ratio as you won't cut much above 3mtr/min and you'll get around 5-6mtr/min rapid speeds which is more than enough for smaller machines.

Fred's spindles are fine, I have fit dozens and not had any troubles yet, they are pretty much all the same and in general, I have fit 100's over the years, and less than 6 have gone faulty on me.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    If you are ordering anyway then I would get 1610's if it's being used mostly as a wood router because you'll want the extra speed they offer. Don't worry about torque because if you use correct size steppers with a decent amount of volts you'll have more than enough torque. If your just cutting aluminum with it then 1605 will be fine with a 1:1 ratio as you won't cut much above 3mtr/min and you'll get around 5-6mtr/min rapid speeds which is more than enough for smaller machines.

Fred's spindles are fine, I have fit dozens and not had any troubles yet, they are pretty much all the same and in general, I have fit 100's over the years, and less than 6 have gone faulty on me.
    Hey Jazz Thank you very much for that, Righty Oh I will add them to the order it won't be a bad thing because the originals I have don't have much room for a pulley. I'm sure they will get used for something else one day.

I will add the spindle too and then just hope that the customs people don't think it looks interesting enough to open :)

I'm still undecided to go with the oem or Hiwin Rails the difference is $325 dollars and because I want to do it right I'm leaning to the Hiwin.

Thanks

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by grain_r View Post
    I will add the spindle too and then just hope that the customs people don't think it looks interesting enough to open :)
    They won't probably open it but that doesn't mean anything really, they will always charge you VAT and duty based on the invoice amount.

I'm still undecided to go with the oem or Hiwin Rails the difference is $325 dollars and because I want to do it right I'm leaning to the Hiwin.
    Well in that case then I'd go with Hi-wins.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I have don't have much room for a pulley.
    Fred will machine what ever length you want for the pulley, tell him what length you want the F length to be.

That is where the pully fits.if you make it too long you can always cut it off.25-30mm is fine
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Good Morning

Thanks, Jazz I will go for the Hiwins at least I know it will be right then, Thank you, Clive, I will go for 30mm for the Pulley.

thank you very much for your help.

Thanks

Rob

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Good Morning

Thanks, Jazz I will go for the Hiwins at least I know it will be right then, Thank you, Clive, I will go for 30mm for the Pulley.

thank you very much for your help.

Thanks

Rob
    Not sure but I think the F length is included in the overall length of the screw so check with Fred or send him a sketch
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hello Clive thank you for that I wasn't sure on that part,

I have a 300mm ballscrew which is the 1605 from when it was going to be a round rail system would it be a 1610 for this too or will I be able to get away with the 1605 for that?

thank you

Rob

Hello Clive thank you for that I wasn't sure on that part,

I have a 300mm ballscrew which is the 1605 from when it was going to be a round rail system would it be a 1610 for this too or will I be able to get away with the 1605 for that?

thank you

Rob
    1605 will be fine for Z-axis, if connecting to motor with timing belt use a 1:1ratio.

Hey Jazz

Perfect That's Great News, Yes the plan is to use a belt to the screw, it doesn't have much of the end on it but I thought I can open up the pulley to go over the thread slightly or use a coupler and a short length to the pulley although I thought that might get some backlash so hoping to go with the first option.
    Thank you very much for your help.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information