I have though Mounting of the rail mounts on a 10mm Steel plate that is tig welded to the box section (Maybe Bolted for a little movement) ? and this way I can have the actual frame as wide as I like but just the cutting will then still be the same but this way I could put larger material on the frame and move it around if I ever wanted to e.g for cabinet doors at the moment I thing I would struggle to fit it on. and yes it is all because I bought before I thought ( I might use that saying again I like it)

I am still unsure if putting the gantry SBR20 rails would be the strongest design for the top and bottom or both on the front, or maybe have the one rail at the top and then the lower rails on the front.

I am really sorry I haven't used the X,Y,Z because I think I get it wrong when I say it, I thing Y is the movement of the whole gantry and the X is the movement of the across axis e.g. moving of the spindle left and right and I know I get the z Right 1 out of 3

If someone could confirm this or tell me I'm and idiot and have it wrong that would be much appreciated.

I have chosen the have a sliding Bolt through for the bed in the middle with a bracket tig'd on the box section and then I can bolt through to give extra strength but then at the ends just go through the actual box section of the base although I'm not sure if this will take away a lot of strength from the base.
also I though I would be best to mount the screw blocks on the outside of the gantry to stop dirt getting into the screw. there will be screws on each side to stop any problems however I am currently leaning to using 2 motors and not a timing belt but you might tell me differently.

Any comments would be very much appreciated

thanks for looking through and listening to my ramblings

Rob Grain