. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Craiggillzzr1400zx10r View Post
    Hello all again, i am at my whits end with the cnc project i started, everything i can do via wiring diagrams and advice is done but still nothing works, i need help as all i have at the moment is a very very expensive paperwight, i am more than willing to pay for someone to come take a look and give me some help
    Please help guys
    Don't panick Mr Mannering, Don't panick.!! . . . . . . What exactly is the problem.?
    Give me more information on what is or isn't happening with as much detail and pics of what you have done as possible and I will 95% chance get you working via forum or phone. If not then I'm ok with a Trip to Brummy land if needed.!

I will PM you my number as speaking is much easier.! But it is nice to sort these things via forum for the sake of others.!

The limiting factors for safe maximum speed for an induction motor are the bearings, rotor integrity and rotor balance.
    A modern induction motor plate is generally marked with the speeds at 50hz & 60hz, these are neither minimums or maximums, the marked speeds on a motor plate are simply those at which the motor will run for the stated supply frequencies.
    Only by referring to the manufacturer's technical specification for a given motor model and power can you determine the maximum safe working speed, inverter rated motors will have the maximum speed stated as a percentage of those marked on the motor plate in the manufacturer's documentation, but not on the motor plate unless expressly stated as a "Max".
    I have made use of motor manufacturer data to set the maximum speed for my lathe and mills, all were rated in the manufacturer's documentation at considerably more than 100% of the plated speeds.

- Nick
    Last edited by magicniner; 05-05-2015 at 11:18 AM.

3. Jazzcnc, my mill is an Emco pcmill55 and its a cnc4you digital stepper kit plus a uc300 motion controller board , http://www.cnc4you.co.uk/CNC-Kits/Di...3.1Nm-x-4-Axis, i wired it up to the diagrams as far as i can figure, i have fitted and powered up a jaguar vfd but not wired into bob as i dont know how to, i have a demo copy of mach3 on an older windows xp pc, it is all connected up as i think it should be but when i try to move steppers via mach3 nothin happens, im guessin i have somethin wrong in software but as i am a complete novice to this an there isn't any real instructions to these things i have hit the wall now and need some assistance from a pro, inwill take pictures and post them for all as to assist future builds etc, where abouts are you based ?
    Thanks for the lifeline

4. Vfd is a 0.4kw jaguar cub VXR
    I have downloaded full instructions but as with the cnc stuff i dont understand the tekno speak

5. Pictures as promised guys
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430853495.354261.jpg 
Views:	839 
Size:	351.0 KB 
ID:	15270Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430853508.998457.jpg 
Views:	803 
Size:	330.9 KB 
ID:	15271Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430853520.615723.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	294.4 KB 
ID:	15272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430853533.724864.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	331.2 KB 
ID:	15273Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430853544.878469.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	319.9 KB 
ID:	15274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430853555.952650.jpg 
Views:	588 
Size:	313.7 KB 
ID:	15275Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430853566.575290.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	323.4 KB 
ID:	15276Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430853578.846882.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	332.6 KB 
ID:	15277Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430853593.788530.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	247.6 KB 
ID:	15278Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430853638.012236.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	320.6 KB 
ID:	15279

Ok Craig well I know we are speaking via phone which isn't a problem but for the sake of others I'm going to post here as well.

So looking at the pics and speaking to you i'm confident you have it wired correctly. So this will 99% just be a setup issue.
    This could be 2 second fix and soooooooo simple you'll scream.!!Lol (Or 5min and you'll still scream)

I'm going to presume you have setup the Motor output pins and Input pins in Mach3 as per Cnc4you instructions.

This could be 2 things that are the same really.! Your E-stop should be NC switch type so this would mean the Input the Active state would be Low.
    To Mach this means if NO voltage on that pin then E-stop machine ie E-stop active when pin voltage goes LOW(zero). You have NC switches so the circuit should complete voltage will flow and all be well provided you set the correct pins. (Check the E-stop isn't pressed. .Doh!!)
    Now if Mach3 is in charge of the inputs then the thing that could stop Mach3 resetting is if the active Low setting is wrong. In this case it would be correct if showing the (x) meaning Active when Low. If it's ticked then this is your problem. 2 sec Fix.!!! . . . . . . . . .Now take a deep breath and try.! . . .Then scream.!!

But I think the UC300 plug-in could be in charge of inputs here and it's Active State is reversed (Active High) and when it see's Voltage it's saying to Mach E-stop.!
    Easy way to tell is push the E-stop button and Mach should reset as the Uc300 pin will go LOW.
    In which case you'll have to go into the Plug-in settings and change the Pin state to Active LOW.

So first quick test to see who's in charge of inputs mach or UC300 push e-stop and try resetting mach. If no joy then check the Active state of the E-stop pin in mach3 inputs. No matter which state, Ticked or unticked, toggle it to opposite and try reset again.

If none of these then we'll look deeper.!

7. Thanks for the guidance, ill try all that when im back as im away for a few days, fingers crossed it will at least get somethin to move, im sure its somethin daft miself as you say, thanks again and ill let you know how i get on asap

8. Hia again, managed to find time to have a look at the mill again,,,think iv sorted the e stop issue as it was showing a constant emergency mode so i swapped the configuration box over and its cured that so at least now i can get the computer to move the mill in a virtual sense but still no movement on the actual machine,,,what's the next move oh cnc yoda

Ok so now Mach3 is reset.! . . . Are the Motors Locked.?

Can you post your Mach3 XML file so I can see how you have Mach3 setup. You'll find the profile in Mach3 folder unde the same name as the profile your starting Mach3 up with ie: Machmill and it will end with XML.

Zip it up before posting else forum software won't let you post it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information