. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    To machine that outta a billet is gonna be ALOTTA work , what sort or programming costs ?
    If you not keen on the little tab being welded on, then I'd just cut it flat and bend it up

Biggest problem is most laser cutting places have a minimum order, here is SA it's about £15 but for that you can prolly get 5-10 of them cut, still the cheapest way to do it , IMO ofcourse

Been tig welding on and off for 15 years .... Can get it right sometimes ;-)

Im a little too busy but having a quick look at the original part below and with them being plastic is the gusset that reinforces that pin/upright needed?im not sure what kind of stresses it will be under but if it were made in aluminium??..could the upright be replaced with a brass pin or cut down stainless bolt so made in two parts or does it need to be square and shamfered like you drawn. it seems a simple part to make out of a bit of plate or billet and like said a bit of a file where needed using the old one as a template seeing as its a one off.
    http://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.u...oly-9749-p.asp
    Last edited by dazza; 16-11-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Ok the part model is now revised, see the files attached to this post.

Changes from the Mk1 to the Mk2:

• area beneath the lever arm removed due to a clash with part of the hop unit (the part that this arm is fixed within)
    • Nub effector (lowest part) raised by 1mm to move the "Sweet spot" of adjustment closer to the centre of adjustment, giving a greater range of adjustability
    • Pin Hole enlarged slightly to make installation easier and movement less restricted (also rounded the internal face as sketchup can't do curves properly)
    • Lever arm reduced in size to correct a fundamental error made with the Mk1 (my bad :P)

All these corrections should make the part just slip in nicely and work a dream.

If anyone needs any help with the part, or another file type creating, just PM me on here
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi there.

Just to double check, is this the hop up arm for the ICS L85/L86? If so I am very interested in a metal one as the plastic one is not great. Is it possible someone could make one for me, name a price though first!

Thanks.

yes, this is designed for my ICS L85 (I assume that the L86 has the same hop unit, though i haven't checked).

if you do want one, make sure that you use the revised model, attached to the post above yours, as the first version was a pain to install due to my own stupidity (I had to take a Dremel to it).

its also worth saying that since i have changed the model after installing mine, i haven't actually tested the updated version, so be prepared to "Adjust" it, if necessary, though i hope you shouldn't need to.

Thread Information