. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PS. It would be better if the spindle center is inside the bearings that move the gantry looked from side. Means you should offset a bit more the gantry to the back. You have to imagine that when all is mounted and weights what it weights the center of the weight must be in the center between the 2 bearing that move the gantry.

understood what you mean, just wanted to reach the perimeter of the machine table with the tool to have access for edge drilling that is advantage at high work piece -but this is not main issue.
    When I think of a standard VMC the real heavy consoled spindle house running up and down on a vertical rails with about 400 mm or more offset and the bearings stands it- it is their job.
    I am using 25 mm bearings that is IMO strong enough for normal operation, however I will consider your suggestion-every detail can be important.
    Perhaps it will help to support the rail side form above against the constant torque and lowering the console lever according to your suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by vargai View Post
    When I think of a standard VMC the real heavy consoled spindle house running up and down on a vertical rails with about 400 mm or more offset and the bearings stands it- it is their job.
    Yeah, but with sliding counter weight at the back to balance the weight of the head so at the end the bearings have less push when static than a gantry cnc

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Hi,
    I would like to know where is limit in weight with the moving gantry that can be drive on reasonable way.
    My redesigned one is still 100 kg made of steel with a 18 kg motor just for cheking.
    I don't think I can go below 80-90 kg.
    I don't care if it requires 20-50 W more just pls advice if this is over sized for a general strong gantry
    Thanks

Thread Information