. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Had a look for my bearings documentation but could not find picture but did find this one online from same supplier same as picture which was on leaflet which got recycled except for being open bearing for supported rail. As it goes the fact that they all used to be sealed helps me, I have removed nipples on Z axis can always pop one in annualy to grease them again, but they got in the way a little as I hadn't allowed for them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSR20_High_Quality_linear_bearing_Box_type.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	18409  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lucan07 For This Useful Post:

😁 nice one Mike, always good seeing the first chips (or dust in your case!!!) from a machine...looking forward to seeing more. You do know that you'll be constantly doing more bits to it don't you? I've just made an ali corner finder to go with my touch plates, next is dust shoe mk2 then a better mist/fog nozzle system, then web cam in dust shoe....it goes on 😁

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    then web cam in dust shoe....it goes on ��
    Poser.!!. . .

Well done Mikey know it's been long slog but you done it correctly and you'll soon start reaping the bennifits. (go easy on DOC else you'll be replacing beds every other week.!)

Regards the false E-stop have you Earthed the Machine Frame.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 30-12-2016 at 09:36 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Hi Jazz

Yes it has been a long slog as you and I well remember! Thanks for the tip on earthing the machine. Should I earth it to the star earth I have in the control box (all shielded cables from machine to control box star earthed) or run it back to the mains earth?

Regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC38 View Post
    Should I earth it to the star earth I have in the control box (all shielded cables from machine to control box star earthed)
    Yes to the Star point.

�� nice one Mike, always good seeing the first chips (or dust in your case!!!) from a machine...looking forward to seeing more. You do know that you'll be constantly doing more bits to it don't you? I've just made an ali corner finder to go with my touch plates, next is dust shoe mk2 then a better mist/fog nozzle system, then web cam in dust shoe....it goes on ��

Thanks Neil. Ideally I would like to get the proximity homing switches working so that I can get tool changes consistent and touch plates. These items improve productivity.

Cheers - Mike

Thanks Neil. Ideally I would like to get the proximity homing switches working so that I can get tool changes consistent and touch plates. These items improve productivity.

Cheers - Mike
    That's the best thing I've done on my machine, makes life so much easier and jobs quicker! What BOB/controller you using?

Neil...

Build log...here

That's the best thing I've done on my machine, makes life so much easier and jobs quicker! What BOB/controller you using?

I am using the Zapp BoB ZP5A-INT and the NPN proximity switches as suggested by Jazz some time ago. I posted this a couple of months ago, but could'nt get it working. I have a separate 24v PS for the relay safety system which I also wanted to use to power the prox switches. But if you or Jazz can give me some inspired thoughts I would be grateful

Regards
    Mike

Thanks Jazz I'll try that first before getting the EMI filter

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Thanks Jazz I'll try that first before getting the EMI filter

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    Hi Jazz, manage to get rid of the noise by doing everything you said and using an IEC EMI filter socket for the mains input to the control box, as well as using a ferrite coil around the RS423 Modbus serial connection between the Mach3 PC and the VFD. Now it runs reliably. Got all the bits for my dust filter and about to cut the dust shoe from 10mm perspex. Will post the design and pics soon.

Cheers.
    Mike

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information