Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
Ok well please don't think I'm being OFF or clever with you but getting the terms correct is very important when trying to help.

Regards the Spindle then you need either a BOB with analog or PWM 0-10v speed control OUTPUT built into it. Or a separate Analog 0-10v speed control that uses an Axis Output like DIYCNC SpindleV4 board. The term VFD refers to Variable frequency drive and is differant animal.

The Gemini is converting AC into DC and doing the controlling so you just need to feed it a reference voltage for the speed, eithier thru Analog 0-10v control or manual Rotary Pot.(potentiometer)
Yaskawa Contactor is just a switch in affect controlled with a lower voltage from another source, most likely an output from the motion control board or BOB which again will most likely control a 24v source which t
thank you, no I don't think that, It is very helpful if in get the right terms.
sounds like it is the spindle v4 I need, so will order one of them, just wanted to confirm if that was what other people thought.

the yaskawa contractor switches poles to give forward and reverse direction on the spindle, so I can just use the relay on the BoB to switch the contactor into the on standard direction drive, all my controls will be done that way as I don't have reverse cutting tools nor the software side to specify direction change unless mach3 does this and I havnt seen it, but cambam wouldn't output the code anyway.

a little background on me, I have 2 cnc mills and several 3d printers, and studied masters in robotics so I am looking at this from a ground of understanding. And a mechanical a ginger as a job.

the original electronics did have a series of 4 relays which is wired into the contactor and is used to select forward or reverse in the contactor so I will investigate the power lines. And try to draw the diagram.

sadly that's at work and I'm home suffering a bout of food poisoning so I guess it will have to wait! But for now spindlev4 is going on order!

thank you

nat