. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You're right, I have to wait until Gary has the equivalent Changzhou motor back in stock. Any data is better than no data

2. Buy it, the price is good, and the current is the same as the ones we do, so they should perform about the same.

It will be 3A in series and 6A in parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    You're right, I have to wait until Gary has the equivalent Changzhou motor back in stock. Any data is better than no data

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Buy it
    Yes Sir, I bought 3 Sir, got free shipping Sir

Cost me £91.17 after I knock the VAT off what I owe darling Alistaire.

I'll let you know if it was a bargain when I find out how fast they can turn my little handles before clacking out

4. Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    Yes Sir, I bought 3 Sir, got free shipping Sir

Cost me £91.17 after I knock the VAT off what I owe darling Alistaire.

I'll let you know if it was a bargain when I find out how fast they can turn my little handles before clacking out
    What are you going to use them on, Robin? I'm wondering if i should get a set too on the anticipation of CNC'ing my mill.... even tho that might be a year away.... but the price looks good and I'm sure they wont get cheaper (as a rule)

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    What are you going to use them on, Robin? I'm wondering if i should get a set too on the anticipation of CNC'ing my mill.... even tho that might be a year away.... but the price looks good and I'm sure they wont get cheaper (as a rule)
    I'm going to try them on my mill, see if I can get the G00 speed up a bit. I've got 40v drivers in there at the moment, top speed is 10mm/s so I run it at 6mm/s to be safe. If it looks hopeful I'll uprate the drivers. With the extra oomph I could, theoretically, halve the pulley reduction and make it zippy. I'd like 20mm/s but more would be nice.

6. The Datasheet is wrong, they say that the current is 3A in series and 4.2A in parallel.
    This cant be right, also the holding torque is different in series to parallel.
    I think they are getting confused between unipolar and bipolar.

Also a 10mm shaft is a bit small, but that is not a real problems.

I suspect the motors are surplus.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    I'm going to try them on my mill, see if I can get the G00 speed up a bit. I've got 40v drivers in there at the moment, top speed is 10mm/s so I run it at 6mm/s to be safe. If it looks hopeful I'll uprate the drivers. With the extra oomph I could, theoretically, halve the pulley reduction and make it zippy. I'd like 20mm/s but more would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The Datasheet is wrong
    Now you look at the datasheet when I have 3 of them sitting on my desk

I did notice the discrepancies, but I have low expectations of rhyme or reason when looking at stepper specs. May be okay, may be lucky they were cheap

I'll let you know

Robin

Thread Information