On the X3 kits we used to do we used the type 23's triple stack 312 oz/ in ? driving 5mm screws direct.
Running on the big drives at 72 volts we were getting between 2000mm/min and 2500mm/min in rapids so in mm/sec that's 33mm/s to 42mm/s
However that's far too fast for a machine this size and we used to modify the XML so they maxed out at 1500mm/min in X and Y and 1200 mm/min in Z

On the test machine we nearly got 4000mm / min in X before loosing steps, this was just done to see where the limits were and not dick slapping.

Often times you can get more speed out of smaller motors than larger because of the initial acceleration.

I have a big rotary table powered by a 42 stepper and it crawls round in comparison to my 6" table. On the last Bridgeport BOSS1 I have done I took the original type 42's off, rated at 1100 oz/in and replaced them with 34's rated at 920 oz/in and the speed nearly doubled because of the efficiency of the newer squarer motors and better magnets than the old outdated round ones.