. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,927. Received thanks 361 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Going by the hydraulic fitting chart I have, inside diameter of 12.5mm would likely be M14x1.5, or 12.9mm would be 9/16"-18 UNF. The chart only covers BSP, UN, NP and Metric threads though.
    However going by the charts here - http://www.motalia.com/Html/Charts/thread_charts.html, the only thing near given the ID and pitch, would be 9/16"-18UNF, which given the American origin, I'd say is the most likely.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Thanks for that.

Arent they bastards. I read this evening that american companies, like Miller and so tend to use metric or rare threads. Why? To f___ck their customers and discourage them from "this fits to that"

9/16"-18 UNF, i hear for that one for first time in my life :-). I also concluded that that M14 is a worthy candidate. As there are some Chinese adapters on the market that fit China plasma torches to 14x1.5 machines. Unfortunately the opposite to what i am going to do.

Will go tomorrow again to the local industrial supply to see what was the one that fit. A bit shameful having a lathe and don't know how to make the adapter myself
    , but don't have the time to dig into that
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Ok. I found it. It does not show from ebay search from Spain . Fortunately found it from the .com site . Item number 251342793854, 4.50$ . Just ordered it.

I hope that's the one. If not i will brutalize it and make it fit

project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

A lot of Companies use special(odd) size threads so you are tied into buying there spares.
    The fitting shown should be fine if its got a cone in the M14 end and if not that's easy enough to do on your lathe.
    Mike

Thread Information