. .
    Lives in Attica, Greece. Last Activity: 29-12-2019 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 65.
    Hello everybody!

Firstly, what is described below is about an ORAC Denford small cnc.
    ... The keybord is active only to manual mode related entries. The INPUT and FUNCTION sections behave like they are not there.
    Yesterday i powered up the lathe and from main menu i selected (5)ENTER NEW PROGRAM and the cursor moved to (5) enter new program.But just this, no more. Pressing the (E)ENTER key happens nothing and the buzzer remains silent giving no feedback sound when depressing keys of the data input section.
    Today i tried again but this time the numeric keys along with the FUNCTION group of keys remain staborn and innactive. I can still jog in all axes though.
    I feel totally blind here as I cannot get even close to what might be happening.
    Is there anybody who can give an idea of what may have caused this problem please?

Thank you

Asto
    Last edited by asto; 07-07-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Hi Asto,
    I do realize my reply comes a bit late but hope it still hell you...
    The problem you are describing sounds to me like the rubbon cable connecting the keypad to the main board is either partially disconnected or damaged.
    Power off the machine, open up the base and check the connections.

RNR

Lives in Attica, Greece. Last Activity: 29-12-2019 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 65.
    Quote Originally Posted by rnr107 View Post
    Hi Asto,
    I do realize my reply comes a bit late but hope it still hell you...
    The problem you are describing sounds to me like the rubbon cable connecting the keypad to the main board is either partially disconnected or damaged.
    Power off the machine, open up the base and check the connections.

RNR
    Thanks for the reply RNR. I'm affraid I've done this already. And I have found one row of the matrix not responding to commands but the rest of the buttons should be able sending the codes to the controler. This is a very simple membrane key board with 4 or 5 layers of contacts separated with polyethylene membranes.
    If I could find one from an old machine owner who plans to upgrade the ORAC would be great but so far nobody seems yo posess one.
    But I also suspect board PC1690 is in trouble. And so far i've not managed to meet someone who wants to sell this old board.
    I will keep searching the classifieds who knows something happens in the near future.
    Thanks for the advise anyway.

Kind regards

Dimitri

Thread Information