. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    looking at replacing my sem servo motor with something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3KW-WATER-...item2a52124388

as my machine has an ATC I need to get a pulley attached to the end of the spindle.

the plan would be to mod and existing pulley rather than make a new one, so question is where do I find thread details of an ER20?

many thanks

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    looking at replacing my sem servo motor with something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3KW-WATER-...item2a52124388

as my machine has an ATC I need to get a pulley attached to the end of the spindle.

the plan would be to mod and existing pulley rather than make a new one, so question is where do I find thread details of an ER20?

many thanks
    Is this what you are looking for http://www.amazon.com/Dorian-Tool-ER.../dp/B00CB0Y7SI M25 x 1.5 Thread ..Clive
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

perfect many thanks

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Andy Are you sure the spindle you linked to will do the job as they don't have any torque at low speeds say lower than about 3.5K rpm not like a servo ..Clive
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Andy Are you sure the spindle you linked to will do the job as they don't have any torque at low speeds say lower than about 3.5K rpm not like a servo ..Clive
    well...

I have a denford triac, its got a sem MT30U4 servo motor -

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brid...ata_Manual.pdf

although a very good motor with lots of torque it only does 4000rpm, so my feed rates are really slow. but yes I can do a 2mm deep cut in ally with an 8mm cutter, or a 1mm deep cut in ally with a 20mm cutter without any trouble.

what I was thinking was to get one of these Chinese spindles, swap the bearings out on my mill so they can handle the speed and do a 2:1 reduction. so id be looking at 12000rpm. so I would gain a bit more torque.

I don't actually need to run the spindle at slow speeds, I use threadmills for tapping etc...

Ok I was wondering if you needed position control on the spindle for the atc. That's not so easy on the spindle you linked too.. ..Clive
    ..Clive

Ok I was wondering if you needed position control on the spindle for the atc. That's not so easy on the spindle you linked too.. ..Clive
    nope don't need anything like that.

ive never been able to find a torque curve for one of these Chinese spindle are there any? im assuming its peak torque comes at full power?

nope don't need anything like that.

ive never been able to find a torque curve for one of these Chinese spindle are there any? im assuming its peak torque comes at full power?
    I suppose it should be in the manual but who knows.
    ..Clive

I suppose it should be in the manual but who knows.

hahaha funny... ;-)

Chinese manuals don't have any information you need, just the information you don't need

hahaha funny... ;-)

Chinese manuals don't have any information you need, just the information you don't need
    Being up north you have to have a sense of humour If jonathan was on line he would most likely know that sort of info. Nice spindle though.
    ..Clive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information