Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
Hall effect pickup coil?

Could the holes simply be drilled/bored on a lathe?

9mm is an odd size...is that to be the guide for the OD of the coil winding?
No nothing as clever as a hall effect... just something I'm toying with in my spare time, but I've had little success getting decent coils ...& I need six of them for each of the pickup I want to knock up. It's got to the point where I've exhausted all other options (sewing machine thread bobbins, etc!)

Re drilling the holes....I need the far endof those end pocket/recesses to be nice & flat flat (the magnet end has a completely flat face & I want it to mate up to those recess perfectly - else when they're turning they'll wobble)...I'd also need the magnet to be a nice tight fit diamter wise( same reason...anti wobble!)...so unless I got lucky with the drill diameter, then I'm not sure it'd be precise enough.

The 9mm is derived from the maximum distance permittable between guitar stings (ie it's about 9.2mm from the centre of one string to the next string). Therefore the coils ought to be 9mm wide (max) - these two parts I'm asking for will hold in the edges of the coil as the copper wire is being wound onto the magnet from side to side.

Back of an envelope (literally), bad drawing here...