Quote Originally Posted by mturneruk View Post
I think i'm getting in over my head here Jazz. Just added 4 Leadshine drivers and a power supply as you specified to my basket on Ali Express and it's coming out at $657 shipped. There is no way i can afford that. Plus i would still need a motion controller. Don't really want to get into building a power supply. My electronics skills and my time is fairly limited.

I am wondering if i should send the 4 NM motors back and go for 3.1 NM motors and run on 50V. Seems to me the price of this kit is linked to the voltage / Torque. That would still be a big upgrade over what I had before.

I want to cut aluminum and hardwood.
It won't matter if you use 4 Nm or 3.1 Nm motors, they both need that same higher voltage to get the best performance. Making your own PSU is really easy, if I can do it so can you as I'm a complete numpty when it comes to electronics As Dean says a toroidal transformer (Airlink transformers is a good place) a rectifier and some capacitors and you're sorted. We'll all show you how to do it, if you can strip wire, solder and crimp connectors on wires then you're sorted that's all the skills you need!