. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks copwell
    it may still have the same prob as I/o are automatic. I'm going to try to update the graphics and see what happens. Then put win pc on and see wot happens! Ps im on 32 bit vista at the mo. But if I change some cad stuff won't work on workshop computer

f me wrote this twice timen out and wouldn't copy. STOOPID program

gaham

Don't bother changing to 64bit OS because Mach3 PP driver won't work with it. 32bit only.

Do your self a favor and don't waste any money buying PP card just save then money and put towards motion control card.

When you do get the card working find the i/o address in resource manager and then in mach make sure you enter 0X(Zero) then address.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 07-12-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Don't bother changing to 64bit OS because Mach3 PP driver won't work with it. 32bit only.

Duh ! Of course. I forgot that, probably because I have been up till 2 AM farting about with my own machine, replacing the BoB after the last one 'failed to proceed'. In the process of doing that I checked out the wiring and eventually found a broken earth wire that was causing all sorts of faults.

Dean - if you want a laugh - I was using the continuity test buzzer on my multimeter and getting annoyed that I couldn't find continuity on circuits I thought were OK. Then I realised that my multimeter had auto shut down.

If you want another laugh - I am replacing a BoB, when I have a CSMIO IP-S new in a box on the shelf (destined for a better machine than this MD THING.

Cheers,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Dean - if you want a laugh - I was using the continuity test buzzer on my multimeter and getting annoyed that I couldn't find continuity on circuits I thought were OK. Then I realised that my multimeter had auto shut down.
    Won't laugh because I've got one that does the bloody same.!!. . . To be honest can't believe it's still alive because I've obliterated tools for less. . .Lol

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    I was using the continuity test buzzer on my multimeter and getting annoyed that I couldn't find continuity on circuits I thought were OK. Then I realised that my multimeter had auto shut down.
    So, it's not just me, then?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    So, it's not just me, then?
    I will hold my hand up as well.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Me too....spent ages trying to work out why the relay wasn't closing the contacts....
    Last edited by njhussey; 08-12-2015 at 10:22 AM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    omg you thickooos.......and me, oops

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Do your self a favor and don't waste any money buying PP card just save then money and put towards motion control card.

When you do get the card working find the i/o address in resource manager and then in mach make sure you enter 0X(Zero) then address.
    well that's exactly what iv done it seems the PCI parallel card are rarely true ports and are usually jumped up usb devices it's the advice cnc4 you gave as well

even if I could find one which will work with this computer, itt is 8 years old and may go pop! If it did I'd be in exactly the same situation again with a new computer!
    So waiting now for the motion controller to arrive- it's a lot of money for what is basically a dongle but I could have bought quite a number of lpt cards in the mean time im making the covers for the steppers!
    Yhanks guys
    Last edited by Cnc many; 11-12-2015 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Silly ....sub device... No usb device dyslexia rules ko! Olo---lol

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    What motion controller have you gone for?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information