Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
Thanks Clive.

Spindle: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170745857956 ??

It has a ER11 Collet - are you limited to the cutters? (What Collet size do people recommend ?)
[ Any recommendations on spindles + water cooling systems anyone? ]

My thinking for the Makita RT0700CX was I could use it on the CNC & Other project. But in reality, a dedicated spindle is more realistic.

Thanks about the reminder about buying the Kit's... Originally I was thinking 4Nm Nema's. It is only a slight increase to got from 3.1Nm to 4Nm, but I'm not sure if the 3.1's are an overkill already...

About 10mm for XY & 5 for Z - I want to keep my options open to eventually cut small Aluminium parts (for toy cars etc - so 4mm) later down the line - but as stated, not essential.

Jacques
The 2.2Kw has a bigger collet but the 1.5Kw can be got with a bigger collet as well you will never really use a bigger end mill that 6mm on a machine like that. The water cooling is just a small fish tank pump about £3 and about 1 ltr Tupperware container.

The 3Nm motors are more than big enough if you can go with belt drive all the better as then you can use a 1:2 reduction if you need to.

I think you might have to beef the frame up as well.