. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Got the X axis motor mounted and belted up tonight, all ready for temporary wiring and motion tests this weekend :)

Looking good Dave.

Something to think about is whether you want to be able to quickly see the X axis belt to check the tension and general health over the months and years ahead.

Can the machine be tipped up on its side to look underneath? Or maybe a small window cut into the end plate with a perspex cover. Not critical, just a thought.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

With an assistant, it can be up-ended onto the back plate, the bed will also be pretty easy to remove - just few allen screws and it will slide back or right off if wanted, this would be the preferred method of access to the screws and belt inside.

We have motion :)

Running a square at the limits...
    https://youtu.be/tZ2FtlGJOf4

Air-cutting a 280mm circle...
    https://youtu.be/fF-aAMadkAw

There is a frightening amount of power behind those axes, I tried applying some load but even with me forcing it as much as i could it made no difference :)

Then i moved on to limit switches - X first, using inductive sensors...

My brilliant idea was to use one sensor on the moving part of the axis and have two adjustable targets, all good so far;)

Got that lot fitted and set X++, X-- and X-Home all to one input (this was the smart bit I thought)

But....

The limits work but I cannot jog off of either end - it just shows "Limit switch triggered" immediately after pressing Reset, and the home works but immediately throws a limit fault after homing.

So...

Am I correct in now thinking that I am indeed a twat and you must have TWO sensors or have I missed something simple??

These sensors seem to not flip on or off - they flicker a little as the target gets near - is this normal??

Close but no cookie yet :)

Here's the rough lash-up of my panel...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1257.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	17911

I always touch the touchplate to the tool before doing the probing now, just to make sure!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    I always touch the touchplate to the tool before doing the probing now, just to make sure!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Ah, but so do i - the LED lit up when i did the test but the routine still did not stop when i did the probe.

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Ah, but so do i - the LED lit up when i did the test but the routine still did not stop when i did the probe.
    Bugger!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Yep, thats pretty much what i thought while i watched my new cutter get buried in the bed :)

I have a little less trust for it now but thats probably not a bad thing.

OK I have mine sorted I use a Purelogic board for the router but I have a simple bob tagged off it for the probe this had 5V inputs pulled high. I had put a resistor in series with the input pin sometime ago and I had forgot about it. I measured the voltage on the probe plate, It was only about 3.3V so there was my problem it was just on the edge of working when I removed the resistor it measured 5V. Problem solved for me anyway.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information