. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    She then made a complaint with the personal manager (Mum).

Looks like i'v now got a meeting to goto !
    Oh that brings back memories... kids with paint brushes... she's cute, fortunately my lot are all grown up now (but they still get into scrapes)...

Well she is 1 of 4 and i keep being told that i am good at making things; kids included so it seems. 10 minutes after taking the photos it rained and has not stopped, so no more work on the project till the weekend now :cry:
    Still trying to work out the specifics for attaching the nuts to the zoidial whilst incorporating backlash dampening. The idea i have at the moment is to use the old faithful chopping board melted into a mold around the screw but attached to the nut.

Tip here - cut it up into chips, use a metal mold and heat that with a paint stripping gun and not the plastic, it melts wonderfully

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,914. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 776 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    She cant do anything wrong in my Eye's, tonight she pulled up a chair next to me and watched me Nipping a flat on a ballnut with a bench grinder:

"Look daddy, fire!"

"Yes baby, now put these glass's on so you dont hurt your eyes." i cant wait to what she starts designing/making.
    .Me

Careful what you show them. My eldest when she was 3 thought that putting a screwdriver into a socket was helping me fix the blown bulb. She went and got the screwdriver on her own, god knows where from??????? all i can say thank heavens for insulated drivers

Well i made back out into the garage this weekend and was very please with the work. Got some paint on, x axis done, y axis done and i started the z.. Will probably do some more during the week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01142.JPG 
Views:	461 
Size:	431.8 KB 
ID:	587   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01143.JPG 
Views:	632 
Size:	426.7 KB 
ID:	588   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01144.JPG 
Views:	404 
Size:	344.9 KB 
ID:	589   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01145.JPG 
Views:	410 
Size:	349.8 KB 
ID:	590   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01146.JPG 
Views:	392 
Size:	345.4 KB 
ID:	591   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01147.JPG 
Views:	447 
Size:	400.0 KB 
ID:	592  

I nearly painted it British racing green only because i has some paint in the garage but decided to splash out. Shame its all scratched to buggery already.

Right i am really hacked off...:evil: only had a bit of time today to get on with build. The Z axis is causing me the most grief. Tried a couple of different things this week with the plan on completing it today. All i have done is gone back to square 1. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! does everybody get to this point in the same mood???? I suppose this is what happens when you don't do it from a plan:nope:

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,914. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 776 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    I'm sure we have at some point, if you would like to elaborate some more im sure we can help :)
    .Me

Hi Lee.....Not so much as a problem just lack of material and not to mention this would be an ideal time to have another cnc machine to cut you parts if you know what i mean
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

oo late for some pics tonight.....I was aiming for the slide to be no wider than 110mm, i have 16mm rail on the same type bearings i used for the rest. the main problem is using 4mm ali sheet (bad idea). These imported bearings are spot on except the mounting holes. I was also trying to use the same type of rail supports i used for the Y. im thinking now finish it of in MDF and make the parts afterwards when i can get me hands on some more material. Does that sound more sensible???
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information