. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am here watching also, not much to comment because of lack of experience and also because I am speechless.

i'm watching this thread with great interest.
    Please continue to post as much as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    I am here watching also, not much to comment because of lack of experience and also because I am speechless.
    Ditto to that comment! Following your thread with interest, thanks Chaz, please keep the posts coming.

Whilst some of the detail is sometimes beyond me (on all threads), the photographs make sense to me.
    Last edited by AndyGuid; 25-05-2017 at 10:15 AM.

I'm also watching - only problem is its giving me ideas :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Washout For This Useful Post:

That's looking a bit of a beast Chaz!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

8. Gary, thanks as always. I've not been able to get the serial comms working and even though I've tuned the drives manually, I am uncertain if the value it pops out after auto tuning is actually used.

I had also tuned them with no load which is incorrect but I'll realpolitik at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Chaz,
    For the kinco drivers you have you should tune the velocity loop with the autotuning with the load applied. (connected to the ballscrew and table mass) and once done, you can then do the tuning with the cslabs controller. the tuning fails, reset the driver to defaults, set the driver up again and tune again.

9. you just need to have an RS232 connection to use the servo software, without Rs232, you will need to get a USB to RS232 adaptor.
    I have never used the interface on the driver to do any tuning, because it is so much easier using the software.
    Tuning with no load is not right and may cause the controller tuning to fail, or make the axis very spongy, so make sure you have the mass of the table there while tuning.
    Also make sure you save it after, or you will delete the tuning, once you cycle the power.

10. Ye, ive been unlucky. Ive got 2 machines with native RS 232 ports as well as a USB one and PCI Express one. I cant get any of the 4 to work.

I need to do it again, but busy finishing Thor. If all goes to plan it might do some basic movement this weekend on all 3 axis.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,927. Received thanks 361 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I've got a cheap USB adapter, and have never had any problems. I did have to destroy the case to get it to directly fit onto the drives though.

Are you using the correct type of cable?
    You'll need to check if it should be a straight through cable, or crossover cable (I would guess it should be a crossover for serial comms). Probably best to test the one you've already got, and then order the opposite.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

12. Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I've got a cheap USB adapter, and have never had any problems. I did have to destroy the case to get it to directly fit onto the drives though.

Are you using the correct type of cable?
    You'll need to check if it should be a straight through cable, or crossover cable (I would guess it should be a crossover for serial comms). Probably best to test the one you've already got, and then order the opposite.
    I had tried a cable and had cut / moved the wires manually. I should just order one of each and test again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information