. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Excellent, yes it would be Z50 as ref is the base on the last setup.

Thanks again :)

How many feed rates do we all use for the same tool?

Using my freed-rate calculator i get different feeds for slotting or profiling, even though the tool may do both types of cut in the same part.

So, set different feed rates for each process or take the worst case (usually slotting) and stick with that rate??

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    How many feed rates do we all use for the same tool?

Using my freed-rate calculator i get different feeds for slotting or profiling, even though the tool may do both types of cut in the same part.

So, set different feed rates for each process or take the worst case (usually slotting) and stick with that rate??
    If you slot obviously you check slot /profile scenario.

if you HSM / trochoidal/ you unmark slot/profile but just use the data for the angle/% for your CAM and then mark again slot/profile if you do not use some kind of ramping clearing entrance in material. But most possibly CAM does that so you just make sure to correct depth of cut

Be careful of V and engravers though, where you must always use slot/pocket mark.

After that we have roughing feed rate, then finishing feedrate. Meanwhile if working on wood-non chipping feedrate. while working on aluminum we have deep pocket feedrate, non coolant feedrate, etc...

As you say same tool can do both but make sure to program then each path separately and then make sure tool have same number, otherwise program will stop and ask for tool change
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 08-11-2016 at 11:31 PM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Just getting back into Fusion360 after a lengthy break :( surprising how much i forgot ;)

When doing CAM for a countersink tool, is it best to calculate F&S for the largest diameter of the tool?

My guess is yes as its not good to run faster than a tool expects so using the larger dia means the centre will be going slower.

I have a 16mm CS tool and for mild steel HSMadvisor gives me 500rpm and 80mm/min plunge - sound about right??

Is a CS tool ok for CNC or better to use a 90deg mill tool?

Thread Information