Quote Originally Posted by sairfan1 View Post
Thanks for help, i bought new module and software license, I'm new to CNC machines, I found that controller card supports limit switches but my machine does not have, I believe it can work without limit switches but i want to know how important it is to install limit switches, are they really helpful or something we can avoid.

thanks.
There are different schools... some prefer limit switches, some don't. Personally I would not run a CNC without limit switches to prevent unintentional runaway. On my 3D printer I only have home switches, and those work as limit switches for one end of the axis, but have no limit switches at the other. Now and then I make a mistake resulting in hitting the wrong end, and even with the weak NEMA17 motors it sounds pretty violent. I want my CNC to stop in a more controlled and less violent way so I have limit switches at both ends to prevent that. On the other hand, I don't use home switch on my CNC at all, since I always start from zero on the material I work with and I set the zero each time I need to.