. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy L View Post
    I think I might have an idea concerning the jog movements. I set frequency at 35000khz in ports n pins page, again, just following the set up, but I woke up this morning and thought I should change it back to 25000khz.

So I'll try that when I get in from work.
    The higher you set the driver rev per number is when you need to mess with frequency because your max velocity available changes. That's when you need to change it to gain more available velocity. But.... with a parallel port board you should leave it as 25000 and set the driver number most suited.
    For example at 25000khz if you have a 5mm pitch screw then with settings driver=2000 rev and motor=400 rev per then this gives around say 5000mm/min allowance (rough guess)
    Then say settings of driver= 4000 and motor=800 the max drops to 2500mm/min available.
    The allowable max available is prob slightly less than these but that's basically how it works.

I don't know what your screw pitch is but you'll notice that in my numbers based on a 5mm screw pitch the motors are set at 1/5th of the driver.
    So a 4mm the motor will be set at 1/4 of the driver setting. A 2mm will be set at 1/2 what the driver is and so on. Then it's a case of fine tuning once it's close.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dazp1976 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information