. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    thanks for the reply and advice,,,,,,what controllers/breakout boards would you recomend for an atc spindle setup,,,,,the controller in the machine is a chinese MKX -IV,,,,,,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to voyager1972 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by voyager1972 View Post
    thanks for the reply and advice,,,,,,what controllers/breakout boards would you recomend for an atc spindle setup,,,,,the controller in the machine is a chinese MKX -IV,,,,,,
    The UC300ETH with UB1 breakout board is a good combination and will work with both Mach3/4 and UCCNC. This will give you enough I/O to do whatever you like.

The CSlabs controllers are very good but expensive for the higher end models which have enough I/O. They work with Mach3/4 and they also have there own software which is still in development and needs to grow before I'd use it.
    The machine I'm fitting this spindle to is using Cslabs IP-S model controller.

There are several others I could mention that will easily do what you need with only differences when working being mostly visual but to explain the differences and which I think is better than the other and why would take a very long post so I won't go there.

The main requirement is you pick one with enough I/O to allow ATC. However, whichever controller you go with you'll still need to write a custom M6 tool-change macro that suits the configuration of your machine or modify an existing one because each machine is slightly different.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thread Information