. .

Thread: my cnc

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    . If i tell it to jog on the z axsis 1mm and press run the spindle runs about 20mm but on the readout red screen it says it has run only 1mm so that reads correct but the spindle is wrong
    The DRO if set to 1mm will show only 1mm.
    Colin
    First please put use the correct terms I mean tell us what is the reading on the DRO when you said you have moved down 1mm have you noticed the minus sign so it really says -1mm this in important. Now I know that when the Z goes down it goes -ve.

When you ran the code and I am not familiar with GRBL I noticed when the Z when down and it was not -ve it said 9mm

Now the first thing we need to get right is the fact that your machine on the Z axis it is moving 10 times too much. This has to be corrected before you carry on.

Is there any settings that you can alter. Pleas post a pic of the settings page. Can you open the control box a post a pic of the drives?

Edit: see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n2gEmHEaao look at about 2.4 mins in.

Can you post the list of settings?

As ZA sto has said Whatever you have in parameter $102, divide by 20 and write it back to the controller (arduino :)):
    $102=newly calculated value.
    Last edited by Clive S; 07-02-2021 at 12:20 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thread Information