. .
    Hello I currently have a Pacer on XMCE Version 2.38 firmware version 7.72. I would like to update this to a much newer version if possible within a budget or if not cost effective possibly convert the whole cnc as a last resort.
    Does anyone have any expertise on this matter please and thanks in advance. Mike

Knowing the prices AXYZ charge then you'll probably find it's cheaper to convert to Win PC based Ethernet controller like UCCNC and Motion Drives controller like the UC300ETH or AXBB-E Depending on the I/O requirements of the machine. Which pacer model is it.?

It's usually not a massive job to convert for a machine with standard I/O setup ie: E-stop, limit SW, Home SW, etc, and depending on control box layout, wire lengths, etc can be done in few hours.
    If the machine is fitted ATC fitted or Vac bed etc then it gets slightly more involved and requires Macro's etc but can be done in the Day.

UCCNC software is very easy and nice to use with plenty of features to make life easy and can be made to control just about any machine. The hardware side is good quality and the Ethernet controller is Rock solid.

If you want to Upgrade the controller then drop me a PM as I can supply you with both models of the controllers mentioned above and the software license.
    I'm also more than happy to offer any advice on installation and setup.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Good afternoon,
    Has anybody out there got a Pacer router on which they have upgraded the controller and software to modern, supported versions? I have a 25/12HDS with a linear 6 pod tool changer which is stuck in 'demo' mode with a 'safety broken' message and whilst this may be sorted by replacing the dongle code this has proved impossible to source. Basically I have been told that my router is fit only for scrap!!
    This, I do not believe, given that the physical parts of the machine are perfectly functional and based around fairly standard, although a bit long in the tooth, motion control systems.
    There must be a way to upgrade a machine such as this for significantly less than the cost of a whole new machine, mustn't there?
    Any pointers or advice would be much appreciated.
    Regards
    Darren
    www.bagpress.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpress View Post
    Good afternoon,
    Has anybody out there got a Pacer router on which they have upgraded the controller and software to modern, supported versions? I have a 25/12HDS with a linear 6 pod tool changer which is stuck in 'demo' mode with a 'safety broken' message and whilst this may be sorted by replacing the dongle code this has proved impossible to source. Basically I have been told that my router is fit only for scrap!!
    This, I do not believe, given that the physical parts of the machine are perfectly functional and based around fairly standard, although a bit long in the tooth, motion control systems.
    There must be a way to upgrade a machine such as this for significantly less than the cost of a whole new machine, mustn't there?
    Any pointers or advice would be much appreciated.
    Regards
    Darren
    www.bagpress.co.uk
    Yes, this is easily possible and while I haven't done any Pacers they are nothing special, I've rescued many machines from being scrapped, and just like any other machine the pacers can be retrofitted with modern controllers and/or motors and drives if required. It's just a matter of how deep you need to go stripping out the electronics.
    However, If the mechanical parts are not worn and the chassis is well built then the machine will perform better than it ever did with modern electronics and software for a fraction of the price of a new machine.

The ATC won't be a problem but will add to the cost of conversion as it will take time to implement and set up with the new controller as a tool change macro will need to be written to take into account the pneumatics and tool change system, etc.

If you can't do this your self then your biggest issue will be finding someone who is willing to come to your place at a sensible cost and do the conversion as it won't be a quick conversion.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thread Information