. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Damn! I too looked at these same machines off ebay when I first started my CNC research. It was on this very forum I was warned off it.

It seems like you have good technical knowledge and experience to understand its faults and shortcomings. God only knows the fix I'd have been in as a complete novice had I purchased it.

If you do have experience as it seems from your understanding, may I ask why you purchased such a machine?

I also fully agree with Dean in saying send it back for a refund. The seller hasn't got a leg to stand on. If these fundamentals are bollocks, there is bound to be a hundred other issues lurking even if you fix what you've already found.

And after you've sent it back, I can firmly recommend you speak with Dean. If you've paid the price on the ebay listing, you'll get a very different machine from Dean. Chalk and cheese. I have one and have been plain sailing from day 1 - apart from collecting and moving the beast into my workshop!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilsbury View Post
    Damn! I too looked at these same machines off ebay when I first started my CNC research. It was on this very forum I was warned off it.

It seems like you have good technical knowledge and experience to understand its faults and shortcomings. God only knows the fix I'd have been in as a complete novice had I purchased it.

If you do have experience as it seems from your understanding, may I ask why you purchased such a machine?

I also fully agree with Dean in saying send it back for a refund. The seller hasn't got a leg to stand on. If these fundamentals are bollocks, there is bound to be a hundred other issues lurking even if you fix what you've already found.

And after you've sent it back, I can firmly recommend you speak with Dean. If you've paid the price on the ebay listing, you'll get a very different machine from Dean. Chalk and cheese. I have one and have been plain sailing from day 1 - apart from collecting and moving the beast into my workshop!
    i saw him/them on ebay and contacted them via messenger on facebook. i had some questions to ask and got the answers.

given they/him sells these as a business i had no reason not to purchase.

i didnt dream id need to ask if the set the machines up in mach, or if they used the correct cable etc...

i do have a slight upper hand here, they sent me a laptop with mach3 on by mistake. i didnt want and didnt pay for the laptop, ill be selling it to cover the costs or they can send me the money and ill return the laptop.

Andy, I've watched your video again and your voice sounds familiar. Did you contact me awhile ago through someone I built a machine for called "Dean Jeffreys" who cuts parts for RC cars etc.?
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Andy, I've watched your video again and your voice sounds familiar. Did you contact me awhile ago through someone I built a machine for called "Dean Jeffreys" who cuts parts for RC cars etc.?
    not me boss

another shitty wood works machine

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225144499...Bk9SR9TMraffYA

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    :), I just flicked back through to look at your original pics...Did they even use shielded wire on the stepper motor connections?, doesn't look like it, just wondered if they did but let the shield to earth for another day?

Same guy selling this off has a decently priced dust extractor for sale to if anyone needs one and is close to Manchester: DEWALT 240v DUST EXTRACTOR. DW30
    .Me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information