. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Kit, and thanks to everybody else that has replied.
    I will take all your time served advise and bite the bullet, I like a challenge but think the PP route would, by the sound of it, be too frustrating.
    After all I want to make stuff, I don't want to spend all my time tinkering and problem solving.
    Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 703E5 View Post
    Thanks Kit, and thanks to everybody else that has replied.
    I will take all your time served advise and bite the bullet, I like a challenge but think the PP route would, by the sound of it, be too frustrating.
    After all I want to make stuff, I don't want to spend all my time tinkering and problem solving.
    Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
    If you are thinking to buy either AXBB-E or UC300 then get in touch as I stock and fit them to machines we build. I will do you a good price and it will come with a UCCNC license file.

If you don't have the budget for this then in my box of test controllers I will probably have some ethernet and USB controllers, think I have both an Ethernet and USB Smooth stepper. I may even have a Cslabs IP-M controller so if you don't mind used then I could work out a price.

However, all of the above are Mach3/4 only, well the Cslabs can use their own software but it's rubbish. Mach3 is long in the tooth and unsupported which is the main reason why I changed after over 20yrs using mach3. UCCNC is much much better and far more stable, plus it's fully supported, and developed by the controller manufacturer so it will be for the foreseeable future.
    Mach4 is very buggy and difficult to set up plus its nearly 4 x the cost of UCCNC and doesn't support the controller directly so if the card manufacturer doesn't provide a plug-in or update the plug-in regularly you are a stuffed and left with software that won't talk to the controller.!
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thread Information