Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
Regarding AXBB-E. People over on cnczone haven't been able to add 5th or 6th axis straight onto the additional IO fitted to the board. They are mainly all designed for switching. The way to do it is via port#3 with an additional UCSB or other bob.
That's because it's not designed to do that so why they are trying is beyond me, don't they think if it could then CncDrive would promote that it as 5 or 6 Axis onboard.? Only port 3 provides the extra I/O needed and they clearly state that only 8 pins are wired for Step/Dir on the board in the manual.

To me, the AXBB-E is perfect if you have a machine that only requires the standard I/O it offers but with the added bonus that if at a future time you need a little more then you have the option to add-on.
If you know you need lots of I/O from the start then go with the UC300 + BOB option.

Also, another plus for the UB1 which can't believe I forgot mention was the fact it offers differential outputs which can be a BIG deal for some setups, esp if using Servos.!