. .
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Nope still wont spin, also in uccnc when you set the jog why does it always revert back to 10% when you restart.

can get spindle to spin if i type m3s12000

Also what plugin do i need to get mach3 to notice the axxb-e.
    Last edited by mrmacca; 25-02-2022 at 05:51 PM.

Had a look at the diagram in the vfd manual.
    S1, S2, FWD, REV all simply loop in parallel into the ground connection.
    So if you want to use say a simple switch on the fwd, it simply goes- From FWD, into switch, out of switch, into ground. So, a straight ground sinking connection.
    So for now get a simple 5v relay module on an AXBB-E output and simply use the NC/COM or NO/COM connections in the place of the simple switch I mentioned above on whichever controls you want.
    Figure the AXBB-E board out later. Just going straight from an output alone won't work.

As for the 0-10v AVI. Your vfd looks to be 10v pot type operated analogue control. Have you set the jumper inside AXBB-E in correct 10v position?.
    Last edited by dazp1976; 25-02-2022 at 06:46 PM.

cheers for the reply Daz , not set any jumpers, were will i find it , also do you know how I get mach3 to work as it doesn't find the axbb-e controller.
    cheers, sure i will be asking more questions as I'm not that savvy on things like this

Quote Originally Posted by mrmacca View Post
    cheers for the reply Daz , not set any jumpers, were will i find it , also do you know how I get mach3 to work as it doesn't find the axbb-e controller.
    cheers, sure i will be asking more questions as I'm not that savvy on things like this
    Have you downloaded the mach3 plugin from cncdrive website?.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Have you downloaded the mach3 plugin from cncdrive website?.
    Nope...but will do now.

If i loop S1 S2 REV FWD should there be any other wires also or just the loop.
    Cheers

Must be blind i cant find it

Must be blind i cant find it
    Vfd Wiring diagram is on this page:
    http://whzoncn.com/m/view.php?aid=83
    You can see the loop and the break of the switches.
    (ignore the 0-10v,, it's showed for pot use).

Mach3 plugin here:
    https://www.cncdrive.com/AXBB.html
    It's the ucx00 auto installer file.

The jumper is inside the AXBB-E top cover.
    Easy way to test first is if you midi M3S24000 and the max the spindle spins is only around 12000rpm then it is likely jumper set as 5v (half speed).
    UNLESS.... Your spindle full speed is less than 24k. If so, set full speed in midi and see if you get half or full rpms.
    Last edited by dazp1976; 25-02-2022 at 09:03 PM.

Nope still wont spin, also in uccnc when you set the jog why does it always revert back to 10% when you restart.
    That is normal and kind of safety feature so you can't jog the machine too fast without first changing the speed.

can get spindle to spin if i type m3s12000
    Well, it's working then.? The spindle won't spin unless you give it a speed. M3 is the start command, which turns on the Output which drives the Fwd command on the VFD, and S12000 is the speed. So if you type M3 or push the Start spindle button but haven't given it a speed so and it's at Zero speed then it won't spin but the Output will be active and the FWD command given to the VFD.

Also what plugin do i need to get mach3 to notice the axxb-e.
    It's on the CNC drives website but why would you want to use Mach3.? It's shite compared to UCCNC and it's no longer supported.!
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    That is normal and kind of safety feature so you can't jog the machine too fast without first changing the speed.

Well, it's working then.? The spindle won't spin unless you give it a speed. M3 is the start command, which turns on the Output which drives the Fwd command on the VFD, and S12000 is the speed. So if you type M3 or push the Start spindle button but haven't given it a speed so and it's at Zero speed then it won't spin but the Output will be active and the FWD command given to the VFD.

It's on the CNC drives website but why would you want to use Mach3.? It's shite compared to UCCNC and it's no longer supported.!

Just to see what it was like....Have wired the vfd the way Dazp1976 suggested . but now it will only start when i turn switch on and it wont let me use any m3 commands in uccnc , so cannot change speed , not had a look at the jumper yet , will have a go in a minute
    cheers

Don't need to do that it's set for 10V and ignore what Dazp is saying he's telling you wrong. I will explain in my next post don't anything else until I do as you could damage the VFD or Controller. Turn it off and wait 10 to 15 mins I will show you how to do it.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information