I have just treated myself to a Stick Welder, Plasma Cutter and TIG combo machine. Then don't-ya-know, I had a bout of illness and I haven't been able to get into the workshop to learn to use it (play with it). So I designed and made a wire feeder. My MIG has a large reel in it, but I also acquired some mini reels of mild steel, stainless and ali. My idea is to feed the wire into the joint instead of using filler rods when TIG-ing.

Here's some photos of the device.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220910_000353 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	384.1 KB 
ID:	31212Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Innards.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	275.7 KB 
ID:	31213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Control Box.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	31214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220910_000639.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	31215

The feed mechanism is an old all-metal 3D printer extruder with a larger pinch roller and a stronger spring.

The pen is mainly an M4 long brass spacer and a MIG tip with a 3D printed housing and a push button.

The electronics are a Nema17 driver board and an oscillator made to feed the signals to the driver. Controls are On/Off, Direction, 3 speed ranges, and pot for fine adjusting the speed.

I had to buy the foot pedal from Amazon (£8 for two) and some GX16 2pin connectors for the foot pedals and the pen. The welder has a 2 pin GX16 connection for the torch switch, so I could use one of the foot pedals. Everything else I had already.

Cheers,

Rob