. .
    Hi all

If this is in the wrong place, pease advise. I'm new to the site and it is somewhat overwhelming.

I'm looking for someone who makes custom bits/cutters (not sure the correct nomenclature).

I would like very thin, fine bits, with a curved bottom at specific widths. I know they won't be available off the shelf.

I'm based in the UK but happy to buy from anywhere (UK, EU, US).

Kind Regards

Hi Archy
    Are you looking for bits to cut nut nut slots etc. in guitars. Are you sure the bits aren't available of the shelf. If you can post what sizes you need you might be surprised at what is available.
    Cheers
    Andrew

Do you mean ball nose end Mills?

Thanks Andrew.
    I will have a look, I think the bits will need to match or very closely, the differing string thicknesses/sizes, unique to guitars and stringed instruments.

Hi John, ball nose, as the slot cur needs to be curved, not flat or with a v.
    Thanks for helping me clarify.

Ballnose endmills are a standard product. The end is hemispherical. Any machine too suppler should have them. Try ArcEurotrade or Cropwell or MSC for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Archy View Post
    Thanks Andrew.
    I will have a look, I think the bits will need to match or very closely, the differing string thicknesses/sizes, unique to guitars and stringed instruments.
    Hi Archie
    I've been a guitar maker / repairer for 50 years (just retired so I can finally get some time to do some making LOL) If you can specify what you want to cut I can maybe point you in the right direction.
    Cheers

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Archy View Post
    Thanks Andrew.
    Hi Archy
    If your'e looking for router bits to cut nut slots I think your'e going to luck out on that one unless of course you use engraving bits and there are plenty of those on the Sorotec site and many other sites. Using engraving bits will leave you with a v groove which you'll have to finish off with a nut file to round the bottom out.
    Cheers
    Andrew

Thread Information