. .
    Anyone know of a "quiet" wood router.

At the moment I have a standard cheap 1000w plunge router which makes a racket.

I dont have a garage and at the moment am doing the test runs in the house.

Either I need to find a cheap quiet router or figure out how to make a soundproof box.

Also anyone have either a kress 1050 or fme 800? How noisy are these?

I use a Kress 850 and if you keep it under the 2 mark it's not bad at all.
    When run flat out it's just like any other router.
    2 is equal to about 12,000 rpm

If you want to ring me during a working day I can switch it on and you can listen to it.

John S.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I use a Kress 850 and if you keep it under the 2 mark it's not bad at all.
    When run flat out it's just like any other router.
    2 is equal to about 12,000 rpm

If you want to ring me during a working day I can switch it on and you can listen to it.

John S.
    That sounds like a great idea. Looking more at the fme800 so this should be similar.

Also heard good things about kress.

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,914. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 776 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    Yup i'v got 2 of the FERM FBF-6E and they are ok at low speeds. Can pick them up cheap to, have a look at this post: Here
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Yup i'v got 2 of the FERM FBF-6E and they are ok at low speeds. Can pick them up cheap to, have a look at this post: Here
    Excellent price. Cant seem to find any. Only the t4, although its not a bad price.

You say they are not noisy at low revs?

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,914. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 776 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by progomez View Post
    Excellent price. Cant seem to find any. Only the t4, although its not a bad price.
    Thats because i'v been buying them all up ! :D

Quote Originally Posted by progomez View Post
    You say they are not noisy at low revs?
    No i dont think so, i would say at 8k Rev they are about as noisy as a woman's hair dryer on full, it would be hard to record the sound on a phone or video and i would say its probly still to noisy for you to use in the house unless you have good distance from room to room.
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Thats because i'v been buying them all up ! :D

No i dont think so, i would say at 8k Rev they are about as noisy as a woman's hair dryer on full, it would be hard to record the sound on a phone or video and i would say its probly still to noisy for you to use in the house unless you have good distance from room to room.
    What I like about the size of the t4 is that I would be able to make a smaller cnc as at the moment im losing too much width from my y axis due to the plunge router (8 inch).

The t4 only needs a 43mm collar? If I can find a t3 or ferm I will buy one but iot looks like the t4 new is my best bet at only £63. Thanks for the advice. Id love a krell but they seem to be around £140 delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by skittles View Post
    Just curious as to why? :confused:
    So i can use them on my machines? :confused: :p if you look at my other post here you can read why.
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by skittles View Post
    Have you seen the sparky routers on ebay? They are a purple equivalent of the trend and ferm, new for £25.
    Do you have any links. Cant seem to find any cheap routers?

No no, future machines as the builds have already been started.

No not seen the sparky, equivalent you say ?
    .Me

Thread Information