Quote Originally Posted by AlexBanich View Post
I've been curious about electronics and PIC design and programing and everything else that is circuitry related. I'm basically looking for avenues to look at to learn it myself. Sooooo...... where did you learn what you were doing with electronics?

Thanks in advance!
Hi Alex, well I build my first radio at the age of 7 so maybe thats a little unfair :D

My advice to you is either look for an evening course at the local tech college (do you have such things in the US?) (but from your profile pic, will you have the time ;) )

There's oodles of stuff on the net and of course forums like this or others dedicated to the subject matter. I'd suggest getting a couple of good tutorial books and do a lot of reading.

Get a good grounding in the basics.. decide where you want to focus - is it programming (PICs etc?) or designing/building electronic circuits.

Trouble is, you dont know what you dont know... the PIC tutorial here for example makes assumptions in the first page that you even know the meaning of words such as input, output and breadboard (not saying you don't, but I have no knowledge of your knowledge if you see what i mean)

If its electronics you want to learn, start with understanding the basic physics around basic components - resistors, capacitors and the like... and how to analyse circuits designed by others. Very soon you'll be designing them yourself...
By all means ask questions..