Hi,
I'm currently cutting some MDF (green -more water resistant) 25mm thickness for a T-slot spoil board. However, I've burnt the 6mm bit I was using (came with the 6040 machine so was more for experimenting).

I've since bought some straight flute bits from toolstation (coming tomorrow) & some 2 flute carbide and 2 flute HSS bits which will take a while to arrive.

I was using the settings on this post for a 6mm cutter.. http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/3500-...2357#post22357

(around 800mm/min (300mm ramp/plunge which it ramps down into the slots)

However, having researched more, I realise that they may be a little too slow for my circumstances..

Am I right in thinking that of the 3 different cutters I've ordered, the straight flutes would be good for this job? And that I should be using a much faster feed? Say 3000mm/min at around 6mm DOC (100% diameter)..

How would I know if the machine (chinese 6040) is up to the task? Would the motors stall if it's too fast? Cutter break? Or worse?

Also, for slotting, the toolpath is plunging at an angle like a ramp as it gets deeper towards the DOC. This plunge feed setting by default is around 300mm/min.. should this be upped a lot? This seems slow for the shallow angle it's doing until it gets to depth.

Thanks for any guidance.