. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I could not find anything there or in the software about "[COLOR=#333333]falling edge" or "rising edge" , maybe cause they call them sth differently, though i think its not adjustable and somehow could be obvious to sb knowledgable looking at the pictures below.
    The drive will expect to see Step pulse either on the Rising edge or Falling. Can be a setting but often the manual just states what it requires.
    To change the Edge you do this in Mach3 using the Active hi/lo setting so it's easy to try if not sure.

Ok I just looked at the pictures and it's right there in the first picture the portion you circled. TR=on /off

Also the warning is saying what I suggested that if the low/high is wrong there is position shift and you'll have errors. Every direction change you'll lose one pulse.

Don't think pokeys supports this but not used one for while so not sure but if possible wire step/Dir differential rather than Common Anode or Cathode.

Just a follow up.

For the moment the problem is solved. Though not sure if entirely, as i have many wood jobs , so no time to play with fine adjustments. But wood is fine.

Reason was bad servo tuning. It seems it was a mistake to rely on the autotuning function. So it was undershooting . When positioning the Z. And the gantry also. Symptoms were you move it to position and when it stops there was a further fine adjusting movement. But as it is my first servo machine, i thought that normal.

So i still do not understand very well how to fine tune the parameters one by one, even if i read a lot of info on internet. However luckily Samsung servo has 3rd method as seen on last document above. Just raising the gain, so all else auto adjusts some how. factory was 20, 50 is for rigid machine, 100 is max. So i made the Z gain 75 and now is snappy as a bullet from new AK47.

All other axis are set to 50, and i am still testing if to raise that or no.

I still have to understand if TR=on/off is set right, and how to change it exactly from the servo software. I guess as the machine is rigid, motors and acceleration are calculated correctly, gain is set correctly, if problems still persist then that would be the solution. Unfortunately Pokeys does not support differential.

Truth is i wanted to know better that cheap board for my future projects, otherwise i would have installed CSMIO already. But it seems handles things well for now. Some small quirks but that's Mach3 .
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Thread Information