Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
Yes, the Spindle is 220V and it doesn't have any drive keys, very few of the lower end ATC router spindles have them. This machine won't ever use large tooling other than surface cutter which will be light cuts so it's not a problem.

Here's a quick and dirty Video of it changing tools, tool change time is on low for testing purposes but I'll tweak the macro and bump it up when I'm happy it's all aligned properly, still got bit of tweaking to do.

Excuse the wires and pipes hanging down everywhere the machines still very much a work in progress. The Z-axis will have a cover and all the pipes/wires, etc will be trimmed to length and in trunking. The bed as still got to be cut for the Vacuum bed and surfaced but will be left until last after everything is buttoned up and the extraction system is connected. The chips from HDPE are a nightmare and stick-like Sh#T to a blanket so it's a must.

Oh and before anyone says it NO I haven't held camera wrong way up.? It's a Vertical machine.!

Looks good man! That vertical mill is cool, I have never seen a DIY version of that before. The customer must have some funny requirements of footprint vs work area!

Did you have to use any counter weight or gas spring on the X-axis?

I am also looking at ATC spindles right now and I have narrowed down my options to two spindles. It will either be the Jianken JGL-100 3.2kW with ISO25 tool interface, or this Rattm Motors RTM100 3kW with BT30. Both are approximately the same price also. I've compared the two (JGL vs RTM):

- 3.2kW vs 3kW
- 4 poles 800hz (2 poles 400hz available) vs 2 poles 400hz
- 4 bearings vs 3 bearings
-1 4.8kg vs 19kg
- ISO25 vs BT30
- 1.27Nm (not sure if this is rated or peak torque) vs 1.9Nm (1.4Nm rated torque)
- 358mm length vs 406mm length

So to the conclusion:

The JGL has lots of positive youtube reviews and is 22% lighter compared to the RTM. The ISO25 tool interface is quite rare compared to BT30. The RTM has no reviews except one 1.8kW ATC spindle video on youtube. Your review is good and so far only shows good things about the spindle. BT30 tool interface is more common than ISO25. Shipping for the RTM is free from VAT since it is within EU!

I am leaning towards getting the RTM spindle at the moment, simply because of the BT30.

Skickat från min SM-A530F via Tapatalk