. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On this VFD you can't have both DC braking and braking resistor, as they are different mechanisms and you can only enable one or the other.

That "braking starting speed" threshold is only for DC injection, whereas decel will reduce the set speed regardless of whether DC braking is enabled. Have you also tried reducing the decel time? I suggest you firstly select the braking resistor option, then start to reduce the decel time. It should then work from any speed and you should be able to get the stop time down to a second or so. If you have the braking resistor connected and take the decel time down to the point where it overvoltage trips, you can then increase it a bit and you are likely as good as you will get. On page 110, the overvoltage fault during decel is displayed as "E.ouD".

The threshold voltage (720V) for braking resistor operation doesn't sound right for a single phase / 240V input VFD. The manual says "The biggest output voltage is the same with the input voltage" - and the maximum input voltage for these VFDs is quoted as "240V". That means the internal voltage would be ~340Vdc. I would expect the braking threshold to be closer to 400Vdc rather than 720Vdc. I expect it's already set to a ~400Vdc but if you get an overvoltage fault without any obvious braking, I'd check that parameter and reduce it if necessary.

What kind of machine is this? I am wondering what spindle inertia you will be seeing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Muzzer For This Useful Post:

Thread Information