Hi all..

Well, finally finished putting together my cheapo cnc router;
6' x 4' bed
4 x 3n stepper motors.. 2 are slaved together on the x-axis..
Chain drive X and Y axis
M20 x 3mm leadscrew Z-axis..
System 3 board with additional drv25 driver linked as added axis..
Mach 3 software..

Was chuffed to bits a few days ago when I configured Mach 3 to run it.. High speed jog worked really well, for a few minutes.. Then the X-axis (slaved the A axis to it in Mach 3) started 'jumping' and stalling about 5 or 6 times per revolution.. First on one motor, then occasionally on the other.. Then the direction would suddenly reverse on one motor and had to correct this in Mach 3..

I have now spent many hours trying to sort the, completely reconfigured Mach 3 several times.. Every time I switch on the motors and boards, it works very well for a couple of minutes, then starts dropping steps, occasionally one of the x-axis motors reverses direction.. The step dropping is much more pronounced when I run code and the x-axis is moving slowly..

Have got to the point of wanting to swap it for a playstation.. Might be more fun..lol

Any ideas please? Have rewired it several times, swapped around the drives on the boards, but it is only the slaved dual drive x-axis that is playing up.. Have spent hours skooshing around on the net, found many examples of folks having dual axis problems, but none that seem to echo my probs..

Could really do with some pointers as not much hair left to pull out now..!!

Thanks
Steve..:heehee: