. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross77 View Post
    Ok the rear bearing slides on the shaft to allow for adjustment so there is no shoulder. You have to align the bearings with the caps on the housing.

If you didnt want the power feed or threading option then you could just leave out the drive gear.

You might be able to rethread it but thought it was worth mentioning about the hardening. Yeah a replacement would probably be best :0)
    Thanks Ross Tried puller on rear bearing but its solid puller wont touch it so washed it out best I can. Good point about drive gear as at the moment the fwd/rev selector for feed is broke so until I source some parts for that there is no desperate rush for spindle. Do you know if the thread a LH or RH?

I think it was left hand to resist loosening during rotation, you should be able to chase the direction of the thread that is visible.

Mines a mix of atlas and halifax. Robbed all the best bits to make one lathe, most bits are interchangeable, except the spindle shafts.

If you get an atlas shaft then you will need the complete set up, pullies,bearings and oil seals as well. If you can stay awake have a look at my atlas 10 repair thread, page 4 for the spindles.

Pm me, might have a few bits you need.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross77 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ross77 View Post
    I think it was left hand to resist loosening during rotation, you should be able to chase the direction of the thread that is visible.

Mines a mix of atlas and halifax. Robbed all the best bits to make one lathe, most bits are interchangeable, except the spindle shafts.

If you get an atlas shaft then you will need the complete set up, pullies,bearings and oil seals as well. If you can stay awake have a look at my atlas 10 repair thread, page 4 for the spindles.

Pm me, might have a few bits you need.
    Will do I will get some of the broken parts together and pm link to photo.

Thread Information