Hi folks,

I came across your website this morning and in the last hour I have been amazed at how knowledgeable and helpful you all are. Hats off to you.

I work for a small social enterprise in Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis (250 miles north of Glasgow, plus 40 miles across the sea) where we support individuals with alcohol and other drug addiction problems by way of getting them back to work. There's 2 of us working here full-time plus Margaret in the office works 12 hours a week. We usually have about 8 - 10 individuals who come and work with us 2 or 3 days each per week.

We do a variety of jobs in the community (window cleaning, power washing, gutter cleaning, bouncy castle hire and a bit of recycling). On the recycling side we collect about 1 tonne of clothes every week from our clothing banks (which is crazy for the size of this place), we provide a kerbside recycling service for households (plastic, glass, cans & paper, although we're going to be losing this soon as the Local Authority are extending the areas they serve) and we collect about 2 tonnes of cardboard from businesses which we bale and send to the mainland once we get an artic lorry load.

Everything that comes onto the island comes in a cardboard box on a pallet. We're dealing with the cardboard, but on the pallets I'm looking into the possibility of breaking them up and making something out of them. We've got a few ideas, but obviously don't want to share that with the whole wide world! The slats are generally 1200mm long x 120mm wide x 15mm (up to about 23mm) thick with a few nail holes here and there. I just found out about CNC routers a couple of weeks ago and I'm going over to Glasgow next week to get some training on one - a Heiz S1000.

Looking forward to learning more about the world of cnc!

Cheers

Robert