. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Lol.. he was referring to ME and the Rocket scientist when he said, Dean, he's called Kit. But don't worry he lives in the Outback and answers to anything due to all the blood rushing to his head living upside down for so long...
    Blimey Cobber! That's a cruel and heartless accusation, especially as I'm 50% pure Yorkshire. Probably true though.

Albert,
    I live in a remote corner of Western Australia and suspect the nearest CNC machine to mine is as far away as Lands End is from John 'O' Groats so this forum is the only place I get to converse with like-minded people. I was actually referring to Dean's comment about having helped a rocket scientist in his previous post but it's not important.

More seriously, there is a lot to learn all at once about this CNC stuff and I wish I'd become an avid reader of MYCNCUK a bit sooner than I did.
    If you like a good laugh then here's a look at my first ever machine. It never actually cut anything useful but it worked to prove I was capable of pulling together all the bits and pieces to make something that worked and gave me the confidence to invest a bit more of the hard earned cash in something more capable.

Kit

An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Blimey Cobber! That's a cruel and heartless accusation, especially as I'm 50% pure Yorkshire. Probably true though.
    After seeing the Blu tack on that lead nut I'm upgrading you to an honorary 100% Yorkshire man ..
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    After seeing the Blu tack on that lead nut I'm upgrading you to an honorary 100% Yorkshire man ..
    Blu tack indeed! I'll have you know that's finest quality Australian 'Knead It" epoxy putty! But thank you for the very great honour. That's reet gradely of yer.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Thread Information