. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi bluesking

I can see why you want to go for larger cutters and for roughing I would agree, however there is another factor to maybe consider dependant on the guitar design/type you are looking to machine. I'm sure you're aware that most routed pockets on say a Les Paul or Telecaster are a. imperial, but b. also are designed for a set of cutters that have certain corner radii e.g. 1/8 inch which means using a 1/4 inch cutter for most humbuckers. So you may be able to rough out the pockets with an 8-12mm cutter, but will have to do a tool change and a clean up operation with a smaller cutter to clear out the corners.

Also I am using 70v nema 23 steppers on my machine and it easily goes to 15mm depth per pass and I could make that 20mm without too much if any additional tool wear - see here: https://youtu.be/WVf5J8XytSA

BTW if you want the CAD for a "normal" Tele I have that linked in video #9 of the series above. There's a thread on here somewhere as well, as it was a kind of community project.

Chris
    Last edited by Washout; 18-04-2019 at 11:06 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Washout For This Useful Post:

Thread Information