. .

Thread: Help Mach3

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Hi All,
    Just wandered if Gerry is still giving help with Mach3?? Do you have a contact for him??

Mike

What's your problem.?
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Lives in Belgrade, Serbia. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 48. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    What kind of problem do you have?

I have posted this on here some weeks ago, nothing sugested has sadly work, incluing re install of Mach3. To add to below I did some more checks and everything on the screen st works, but no motor movement
    Sadly my Gecko540 gave up on me, although I changed the fuse it sounds like there is a short somewhere which I cant find, I had bought some time ago a package of a breakout board and driver board. The breakout board connects to the computer with the same parallel cable as the gecko did. I have power to both boards red lights and if I use the key board I have green lights on the driver board each motor and the DRO's move, BUT I have no power or movment of the steppers.
    What have I missed?? I have run the driver test in Mach3, I have run the diver test and have an very good on this setting.
    Mike

Lives in Belgrade, Serbia. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 48. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Sad about your G540, but you cad send it to Gecko drive for repair, it will be fixed for free, one time only, no questions asked, just shipping costs.

Which breakout board do you have?
    Which stepper drivers you have?

When asking these kind of questions be precise and provide all relevant info.

Hi,
    I contacted Geko and they will not repair due to costs. I dont want to buy a new one incase I have the same problem
    This is what I have, but the break out board has a parallel port connection.
    https://bulkman3d.com/product/mach3-...roller-bundle/

Mike

Here is my breakout board

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Breakout board.png 
Views:	707 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	30863

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes Planes View Post
    Hi,
    I contacted Geko and they will not repair due to costs. I dont want to buy a new one incase I have the same problem
    This is what I have, but the break out board has a parallel port connection.
    https://bulkman3d.com/product/mach3-...roller-bundle/

Mike
    I wouldn't touch a TB6600 driver (or this whole kit) with a bargepole!!!!.
    DM556 from stepperonline all the way.

So. Are you saying you have that kit but don't have the STB5100 cotroller, just the stepper driver board and generic 5 axis parallel bob?.

One would assume that you could get a jst-xh cable and link the 2 boards that way.
    Have to check the manuals to see if the wire order is correct but the little connectors inside the white plugs are easy to swap around.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    There's nothing wrong with TB6600 drivers. It's a reasonable no-frills driver.

It was the older TB6560's that often blew up, but that was because they had a lower max voltage, and people often drove them near that limit, so a fast deceleration was enough to over-voltage them and damage them.

Although I personally wouldn't run an all-in-one board.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

BUT I have no power or movement of the steppers.
    I thought I replied to your email, but I don't see it in my outbox.
    If the motors are not locked up, then either they are wired wrong, or the drive is not working. DO they require an Enable signal?
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information