. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience guys, you saved me from potentially wasting a lot of time and money.

For this build I have access to a car repair workshop (which also dismantles cars/vans) and a college workshop, both of which I can get free materials (such as steel frames supports, box section, sheet metal, etc) and equipment (such as mig welders, fasteners, power tools and hand tools) from and time is also not a major concern. I will continue looking for more rigid frame designs for this however, as I knew that both finding a decent frame and building it would take me a long time, I thought that I would be better off buying in the motors and drivers early on at a cheap price with huge lead times so that by the time the frame was towards being complete I would have everything ready therefore, if you know of such suppliers (cheap costs with long lead times) I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me a link. Also, any recommendations on cheap drivers?

I will look around for the linear components and frame design's, if anyone has any information or links to this please could you let me know. Or even better, if anyone knows of what these components could be salvaged from (ie home appliances or common equipment), I could possibly find that.

Also, as mentioned I will have access to complete cars and vans for any parts that can be salvaged from them for this build therefore, if you can think of anything that may be useful from these please could you let me know.

EDIT; Sorry, forgot to answer your question, I am using this to manufacture small extrusion dies for the end of a rubber extruded (only a 60mm diameter die with a machined profile within it) The larger size bed was really for small wood work hobby jobs. Could smaller size motors be used for such work?
    Last edited by suraj1793; 30-10-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Thread Information