. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11-07-2026 Has a total post count of 1,657. Received thanks 115 times, giving thanks to others 71 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    OK, I'll get a 2 flute uncoated from APT and see how it goes. The cutters I have are coated but I don't know what with.

    The part I was machining is the bed of the machine, so no idea what grade it is. I just wanted it flat(er) and level.

    Once I get the new 2 flute cutter, is 6k rpm and 500mm/min, dry, still in the right ball park for taking a shallow finishing cut at say 90% engagement?



    Just for my own interest, if there is build up on the tips of the cutter, how does that erode the tip?


    Thanks for the input!
    What is the highest speed your spindle can rotate at?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    What is the highest speed your spindle can rotate at?
    Man this thread is getting confusing! LOL!

    I don't know how fast it can go. I will have a look at see what it actually tops out at.

    It's a Schneider altivar 12 VFC with a water cooled 2kw spindle.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Man this thread is getting confusing! LOL!

    I don't know how fast it can go. I will have a look at see what it actually tops out at.

    It's a Schneider altivar 12 VFC with a water cooled 2kw spindle.
    Yes sorry richy I somehow derailed and hijacked your thread.

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Man this thread is getting confusing! LOL!

    I don't know how fast it can go. I will have a look at see what it actually tops out at.

    It's a Schneider altivar 12 VFC with a water cooled 2kw spindle.

    I just tried 20k rpm. VFD says 326hz and spindle was going at 19600rpm.


    This is what the bed looks like and what the finish was initially and after the tool degraded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181116_102747 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	263.6 KB 
ID:	25110   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181116_102741 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	654 
Size:	218.0 KB 
ID:	25111   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181116_102722 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	711 
Size:	292.2 KB 
ID:	25112  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help with speeds/feeds please?
    By examorph in forum Tool & Tooling Technology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-01-2017, 01:54 PM
  2. Speeds and feeds
    By eurikain in forum Workshop & Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-03-2016, 06:00 PM
  3. Feeds and speeds software?
    By Leadhead in forum Computer Software
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31-10-2015, 09:34 PM
  4. Feeds and speeds
    By dudz in forum Tool & Tooling Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-08-2013, 11:42 AM
  5. Speeds and Feeds
    By Web Goblin in forum Tool & Tooling Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-09-2012, 01:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •